Friday, July 17, 2009

POTENTIAL


I wonder if any man or woman has died feeling they lived up to "their potential"


I questioned this last night while I was on break and I realized I am the sole provider for my family. How do we determine what our potential is. Is it just an imagined idea of what life should be, does it change due to circumstances.


I am sure no one died wishing they had not spent so much time with their family. But where do you draw the line, because I'm also sure no one has died wishing they had not made as much money as they did. It seems this day and age you have to sacrifice one for the other (or hit the lottery). In order to give my kids the best I can (right now I believe that to be their mother at home) I have chosen to work as much as I can so that we don't feel the financial pinch. I also feel this is a good choice by the quality of time I spend with the girls. Before, the time I spent with them felt like I was just waiting for my shift to end (Rebecca coming home) so I could go to bed and start the double shift again.


There is nothing I would not do for this amazing family I have. I just hope in the process I can find the perfect balance between the financial aspect and the emotional support needed. All in all I think I would rather my kids say "He was a great dad" than "Glad he is gone now I got millions". Sorry kids but the millions probably won't come from me.


LOVE DADDY

4 comments:

  1. You're doing a great job, hunny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That balance is so very hard to find. But a mom at home during these early years is the best gift you can give. I am really glad to hear your time with the girls is of higher quality these days also.
    Keep up the good work you guys, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree. We just have to do the best with what we have, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. THat is such a good perspective to have instead of begrudging the fact that you are the only one providing. Quality famliy time is such an important thing.:)

    ReplyDelete